BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, December 10, 2010

Only Ones in the Room

So I just wanted to post this because I think the office does a fantastic job with this. On Sunday when we went in for the ER, we had to get there at 7am. We got there, got called back and never heard or saw another couple. As I was getting the IV, Dr. K came in all scrubbed up and ready to go and sat in the room chit chatting with us. When the procedure was over, she stopped by along with a couple nurses and talked to us. They all kept poking their heads in to see how I was doing and Dr. K was there with the egg report came back.

Same thing on ET day, we never saw or heard another couple (as we were leaving I did see a pair of shoes in the first recovery room-you're supposed to use the closet!!!). Dr. Coop came in and chatted with us, she helped roll me back to the room and stood there talking to me for a good 5 minutes or so.

I just wanted to point this out because I know there's no way we're the only couple that did that stuff on Sunday and Wednesday but we felt like we were and we felt very important and that everyone cared for us. Now, going in for bloodwork is another story and as my friend K says, "it's like herding cattle." But it was nice to feel like we were the only ones in the room on the ER and ET days. Thanks docs and nurses-you made the experience that much better!

3 comments:

Christa said...

Wow. I'm glad you got to feel so special during this process as I've read so many stories of ladies and even couples who feel like they're just cattle in a baby factory. I wish I could do that but we're doing bloodwork up here and ultrasounds in St. Louis, but I think FP (Fertility Partnership) will continue to do a great job of making us feel like more than a dollar sign or lab experiment. I'm excited that St. Louis is suddenly the hot spot for babies too! Fingers crossed for a BFP for you!

Michelle said...

This is so wonderful and calming.
I actually said "Moo" to my husband during ER & ET. It was a production line of IVF.

Anonymous said...

Ya, when DH had his TESE, there was no one there when we got there. After about 1 hour, another couple came in. But it was a very calming experience. I love it there!!