BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, December 6, 2010

Eight is GREAT!

I just got off the phone with the nurse and here's my update:

We harvested 16 eggs.

4 were too immature.

They fertilized 12 eggs.

We have EIGHT embryos!!!

She asked to make sure I was taking it easy and keeping my fluids up, I told her I was. I didn't get out of bed until almost 11 with the exception to take my meds and eat a piece of pumpkin bread to wash them down. After lunch, I moved to my comfy computer chair and haven't moved much except to get the mail and bring up the trash can (don't worry-it's on wheels so there was no jostling!).

I'm supposed to be weighing myself so I don't hyperstimulate. I planned on doing that at work but I'm off today. The only place I can think of is the vet, hmm...

I called DH with the report and he was super excited. When I was about to hang up with the nurse I said, "That's a good report, right?" and she said, it was "an awesome report!" When I told DH that she said that, I could hear the smile in his voice.

I'm thinking we'll probably have a day 3 transfer. They said if we had two good embryos and the rest were so-so, we'd go ahead and transfer day 3. If they all looked great, we'd wait until Friday. She also said that they did more day 3 to reduce the chance of multiples.

I'm really REALLY happy and excited right now but I'm trying not to get too wound up. Have I ever mentioned that 8 is my favorite number???

4 comments:

Kim said...

Another great status report!!! I am so happy everything is moving along so nicely. It's nice when things just "work out" especially after all that we have been through. xpxpxpx

COME ON BABY said...

This is going to be good. I feel it in my bones!!!!! 8 is a lovely number. I am excited for you guys!

Angie said...

So awesome!!!!

Conceptionally Challenged said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you :)