BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Now We Wait

I just got home from having my blood drawn. I woke up with DH this morning, he was running a bit late so I got up and made his lunch. He gave me a quick goodbye and said, "Oh today's the day we find out if we're pregnant...don't forget!" Oh silly DH-how could I forget, my stomach was already in knots! I waited until the dog got dropped off that we're dog sitting then I laid in bed a little longer and finally at 7:50 I decided to get up and get ready.

I put on my socks that I've worn to every appointment, my fertility earrings and my Runners 4 Luke shirt. Luke is the son of a friend of mine who was killed in 2001 outside the zoo by a drunk driver. I pass by the zoo and the walking bridge, that was built because of Luke's story, every time I go to the doctor's office. I felt like Luke's been with me at every visit so it was only appropriate I wear the Runners 4 Luke shirt.

I get in the car and start my drive, my stomach just eating away at it's self. The radio station I normally listen to was doing a fundraiser for the Children's Hospital so I was in tears by the time I got on the highway. I decided I should change the station to something a little more upbeat. About halfway there, my bestie sorority sis called to check on me and it was great to get my mind off of things. I also got some really amazing tweets, emails and other messages that just meant so much to me.

When I got there, I was surprised to share the elevator with Dr. K. We talked about how the lab was closing for a couple weeks then as we were about to go in the office she asked how I was feeling and I told her nervous because today's the day. She touched her heart and said, "Oh I pray..." I know I'm many of her patients and she probably couldn't remember my name but I could tell she was sincere. OH! She also asked me if I'd cheated and I told her no. That if it came back negative, I didn't want the pain of hearing it twice.

I headed in for the big blood draw. She had to dig around for a vein but I think I'm immune to it and it didn't even hurt. As soon as it was done (she forgot to draw the extra blood for the study I'm doing-oops!), my stomach wasn't as nervous. I walked out and asked the receptionist if I could FINALLY meet Mary. She told me I'd probably have to wait for a few minutes and I said that was okay. I mean I was either going to wait there or at home, right?

While I was waiting for Mary, I FINALLY figured out how to use the Wi-Fi!!! She came out and we chatted and she gave me a hug. She said she saw today was "the day" and she had her fingers crossed for me. I left and said, "Not to be mean but I only hope I see you guys a couple more times!" She laughed and said her too.

Then I headed home and let the pups out, put on my comfy pj pants but left on my socks, shirt and earrings. And now, well now I just wait...

5 comments:

Christa said...

Eeeek! I'm so incredibly proud of you (and jealous of your self-control) for not POAS-ing yet. I'm pretty sure I won't have the discipline. I can't wait to hear the news - my fingers are crossed so incredibly hard for you!!!

Anonymous said...

I love Dr. K. They all seem really nice and sincere. It's funny, you got my dr for retrieval, I will prob get stuck with yours. lol I want mine though!!!!! Well, I worked mids last night and then got stuck for days because someone called in sick, so as soon as I get off I will be heading to bed cuz I come back tonight. But the first thing I am gonna check tonight is your blog for good news.

Jessica White said...

Sending you prayers!

Conceptionally Challenged said...

Thinking many positive thoughts for you!

Kevin and Katie said...

Crossing fingers and saying prayers for you!!!