BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The ET Story, Its a Good One

Okay so my day...whew-what a crazy one! So the doc's office was supposed to call between 7-7:30 and let us know either way. DH took the day off work because with his job, he can't really go in late or leave early so I told him answer when I call, I'll call either way. I called him at 7:15 and 7:30 and nothing! I was starting to freak out! Finally at 7:45, they called and said come on in. I was seriously a big hot mess and even though I knew I would probably be leaving, I was still running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I finally snuck out of work at 8:08 and headed home to meet DH who finally answered the phone claiming to be in the shower when I called. I could already tell by the tone in his voice that'd be been nice one too many days and he was choosing today to be his crabby day.

I got home about 8:30 and peed (third time for the day). We got on the road and about 9am, I told DH to stop because I was supposed to empty my bladder at 9am and there was NO WAY I was going to hold what was in there until 10:05am when our appointment was. We stopped, I peed (fourth time) and got back on the road...I didn't drink a single thing. Dr. K called us as we were getting off the exit and I knew it was someone from the hospital because it always shows up unknown but when I answered it was like an old college friend calling which totally threw me for a loop, it took me a second to realize who it was. Basically, we had 5 looking good embryos and she just wanted to know which ones to pull out. She told me Dr. Coop would be doing the ET and that she was "red hot."

At 9:30, we go to the doc's office and I had to pee already! So I peed...again (fifth time). I got checked in, asked to speak to Eileen the financial lady to pay and DH followed me back-boo! I was like 5 feet from Dr. Miyagi!!! I really wanted to introduce myself and ask if he liked the cupcake but I knew that DH was crabby and would be irritated if I did that so I refrained and kept hoping that he'd walk through the waiting room...but he never did. When headed back to the waiting room and I started sipping water so I'd have a full bladder-yeah, none of you told me about the full bladder part!!! You have to do this so they have a better view of everything inside you down there.

We head back to the ET room and I was told to strip from the waist down and put on a gown. So I had on a sports bra, long sleeve shirt, short sleeve shirt and the gown and I REALLY had to pee. Dr. Coop came in and showed us the embryos and stats on each of them (this is when DH gave her the sheet with the pics back-he thought it was just a drawing!?!). When she asked how I was doing, I said I REALLY had to go to the bathroom and asked if I could just let out a little bit. The u/s tech checked and said it was a perfect shot so no peeing for me...okay, it's best for the embryos.

We start the procedure, sticking septums up in me, pushing on my bladder, I'm sweating from the light and all my layers and so afraid I'm going to pee on Dr. Coop. Apparently, I kept squeezing too much and the septums were slipping so they tried a different pair. Finally after like 10 minutes and I'm near tears (DH had stopped being crabby and was rubbing my shoulder and holding my hand, he was really intent on watching the u/s screen), they decide that my bladder is pushing too much on my uterus so I can pee. THANK GOODNESS!!! Dr. Coop has to hold my legs while they lower the bed, I get up and literally waddle almost doubled over to the bathroom, sure my butt is flapping in the wind and I get a cup saying I'm only allowed to fill it 3/4 of cup...that's a LOT of pee, people!!! Once I was done, omg, I felt 100x better!!!

We headed back into the ET room, started everything again and within minutes, our embryos went inside me!!! It was really neat because they kind of flickered. There were three main ladies plus DH and me then this lab lady came in looking right at my vajayjay, she went to check to make sure no embryos were stuck in the tube and we got the all clear!!! I told Dr. Coop, "I know pregnant women say they get so used to people being 'down there' and I have to agree and I'm not even pregnant!" She laughed and nodded that modesty usually goes right out the window. They rolled me back into the recovery room where I had to lay flat for 30 minutes and still couldn't pee but I was much better at this point.

Some patient back in 2006, started a book for other patients to write about their story or encouragement or whatever in the room so I read through that and wrote something of our own. I also had to fill out paperwork for a study that I'm taking part in. One of the questions read, "At what age did you begin to have sexual intercourse? If you haven't, please enter 00." I read that to DH and said, umm...if they haven't had sex and they're here then I think that might be the problem.

We got released a little later, I got to pee (for the 7th time) and we headed home. DH had to work tonight so I had to give myself the progesterone shot which was interesting to say the least. I'm not going to lie, I was more terrified of the ET than the ER and I'm even MORE terrified of the two week wait. Now it's all up to my body and me...I really, really, REALLY hope our embryos like where they are!!!

OH! And as they were wheeling me out, I heard them say something to DH and he responded with, "Oh cool!" This is what it was:

There on the left above the arrows...yeah, that's our embryos...INSIDE ME!!! Now we wait...

7 comments:

Cecilia said...

I'm such nerd. Your post gave me happy tears!!! I am sending up some major prayers for ya.

COME ON BABY said...

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!! I am so excited. You are PG until proven otherwise!!! I am so happy for you.

Conceptionally Challenged said...

Yay, I'm so glad it all went well! Fingers crossed for a wonderful result in 2 weeks!!

Anonymous said...

It is funny, as i was reading the first little bit I was wondering why you were peeing so much. LOL No one told you you needed a full bladder. Hilarious. I wonder how many times the doc has actually gotten peed on. So glad you are PUPO!!!!

Angie said...

You're prego girl! I am saying so many prayers it's not even funny.

Angie said...

I had goosebumps and happy tears! Praying, wishing and hoping for you! How exciting. So proud of you both too. Xoxo

Jessica White said...

Yay!!!! Hopefully the next two weeks go quickly :-)

GOOD LUCK!