BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, December 3, 2010

HCG Shot Time and Some Thoughts

The goods:

Tonight's shot went GREAT! After all the craziness of our shots this week, finally this one, the important one went well...at least in our minds, I guess we won't know for sure until Sunday though. We started at 7pm because the nurse stressed that we MUST do the shot at 7:30pm SHARP!!! DH read all the paperwork stuff and my notes. I pulled up the video and we watched it five times (I'm not even exageratting!). DH pushed on my hips to find my hip bone until I told him it hurt. At exactly 7:20pm, we mixed the fluid with the powder and waited. DH was so nervous, he kept watching the video and trying to find the right spot. I wasn't nervous until it was almost shot time then I got super nervous. At 7:30pm on the dot, he shot me in the butt while I held on to our big 'ole black lab. It didn't even hurt!

And now for a couple thoughts...

I don't feel like Dr. Val has really done much with this. I mean she did the TET and sonalhist in September but I haven't seen her since. Dr. Man did our orientation and I saw him in the hallway once and he said hi (it was kind of like a celebrity saying hi to you or waving, I was all excited and giddy!). Dr. Miyagi helped me with the medicine fiasco and Dr. K is doing the ER. Maybe she'll do the ET but it's really just whoever is on call so we'll have to wait and see. The practice has 5 doctors. I really hoped Dr. Man would do the ER and/or ET but I'm happy with Dr. K. I've never met her but I know two ladies who've seen her so at least it's one that I'm somewhat familiar with and its not one of the two I've never heard of or seen.

I don't mean to sound sad but the ER/ET are kind of scary and nerve-wracking but not only for the obvious reasons. We've been trying for a baby for over a year, we've known we'd have to do IVF since April but now the time is HERE! All of the build up and hope and the day has finally come. In just a few weeks, our journey will either be over, paused or starting a whole new chapter. Now THAT is really scary to me.

Please say a prayer to calm my nerves! I haven't been put to sleep since I had ACL surgery 10 years ago in high school. I'm worried about that and DH's sperm and that good eggs come out and that we get embryos...I can't believe the ER is on SUNDAY!!!

2 comments:

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW! You will be just fine! Once you wake up and hear how many eggs were retrieved, youll be ecstatic. :)

Angie said...

Good luck!!! Am praying and praying and praying for you guys!!!