Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Morning of the FET

August 26, 2011 10:30 AM
Well, the day is here and can I just say that I'm a hot, nervous mess? I don't know what's up with me but I'm so freakin' nervous!!! I know I need to calm down and believe me, I'm trying but it's just not working. I woke up seriously about 6 times having to pee last night. I think it was a flash back to the ET last December when I had the overactive bladder going on.

DH and I got up at 6am so I could pop all my meds and he could shoot me in the butt with PIO. Luckily, today is the last day for Medrol. Since I have to cut it in half, it tastes AWFUL. We then went back to bed for a couple hours since this is the first time in forever that we could sleep in...minus the 6am wake-up call for meds.

I got up about 8:30 and was going to make muffins only to realize that the muffin mix expired in October 2010. Okay...cinnamon butter. So I ended up having PB and bread with a glass of milk...not super delicious but it would do because like I said, I was a ball of nerves. I started to get dressed and DH walked in the room and I almost broke out in tears. He was trying to calm me down telling me everything was okay and this afternoon I'd be pregnant but for some reason I just couldn't calm down.

I decided to take Emma for a walk which was nice and calming. I thought I was going to be pressed for time so we only did a short loop. I finished getting ready and left to run my last couple errands. First stop Blockbuster:
I plan on relaxing with a Twilight movie marathon this weekend and I figured DH would like "Lincoln Lawyer" so I grabbed that for him. I was kind of bummed because apparently Blockbuster just got sold so they aren't accepting gift cards. Oh well, it was only $4.97 for 3 DVDs. Then I stopped by DH's chiro to see if they'd donate something for the MIA conference, only to find out they were closed on Fridays.

So now I have an hour before we have to leave and I'm just trying to distract myself. I'm dressed and ready to go. I need to write on the cookie box and throw dinner in the crockpot but that will take about 10 minutes total.

I think I'm so nervous because I'm scared that we're going to be on our way there and they'll call and give us bad news (I don't even want to type it!). Plus I really have NO idea where we'll go from here. I'm also REALLY nervous because during the fresh cycle, someone was down "there" every other day for almost 2-3 weeks. Prior to all this infertility stuff, I would stress myself for about a week to go see my regular OB because of being down "there." I tend not to be able to relax. Well this time around, I had good 'ole wandie last week and that's it. I'm just hoping everything goes smoothly with this transfer so I'm going to have to just suck it up and R-E-L-A-X!!!

OH and have I mentioned that I feel like it's going to be REALLY cold when they transfer them since they've been frozen? I know I'm silly! Okay, I'm not sure this post even makes senses so I'm going to stop now and get the crockpot going. Will post again post-ET! Cross your fingers!!!

Rabbit, rabbit!


SLES75 said...

I can't wait to hear how things went....can we fast forward through the 2WW please?!?!?!?! This is killing me...hoping things went beautifully and the twilight marathon was everything you wanted it to be :)

Jos said...

Agreed - ff through the 2ww would be much appreciated! :)

Baby Hopes said...

Yay!!! Thinking of you!!! Hoping everything is going well and enjoy your movie marathon!!!

Kelly said...

I can't wait to hear how things went either! I really really really hope it all went well :) Thinking of you and really hoping you are good and pregnant right now!

Anonymous said...

I can't hardly stand the suspense!!! Hopeing everything went well and your preggers:)

COME ON BABY said...

I can't wait!! Sending you and your honey tons of love and good vibes. xoxoxoxoxoxoxo