BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, November 17, 2011

How It Went Down

September 7, 2011
Okay, okay so what happened? Well, a nurse (not Mary the normal nurse) finally calls at almost 2pm and it didn't show up as unknown, it was an actual number. Anyways, she goes on to say, "We have your test results and they are definitely positive." I was like OMG! Then she talked away about coming in for the next beta but I was up walking around the house not really sure what I was doing. I walked to the computer room but was like, what am I doing in here, then I walked in the bedroom and again asked what was I doing in there. I had to ask twice what my beta number was (764) and I asked if she thought it was multiples or not. She said she had no idea but come back next week for beta #2. The end.

I promptly hung up and called the pharmacy to refill my PIO and headed straight there. I love the guys there and we chatted about running and such then I left and stopped at the bakery. I was really hoping for a bun of some sort and I lucked out when I saw that they had sticky buns. I got one and wrote this on the outside of the bag (if you can't read it, it says, "We've got a bun(s) in the oven!"Sorry for the poor photos, I was doing this on the fly and I hadn't told ANYONE yet so I was a little shaky too. I was going to put it in DH's truck at work but I was worried that it would be gross in the sun. So I put it on the kitchen table so that he'd see it as soon as he came in the door.

In the meantime, I chatted with Jo, my old college roommate who has triplets from FET and obsessed over this website about my beta number. And, of course, for the first time all day I felt crampy so I got nervous. DH FINALLY got home and I was in the living room sitting on the couch. When I heard him pull up, I turned off the tv and waited for him to come home. I heard him moving the bag around and then I heard him get the bun out and he walked into the living room. I was grinning and he chomped on the bun and said, "So what'd they say?" I laughed and said, "We have a bun, or buns, in the oven!" He nodded and held up the bun, "I got that!" Then we hugged and laughed and I filled him in on everything. When we finished, he said, "So when can we start telling people?" Men! I told him not for a long time until we get through all these first few appointments and stuff.

We then headed to dinner at Olive Garden (romantic, huh? I thought I had a gift card which I did but it didn't have any money on it-oops!). When I got back, I had an email from Bobbi saying she thought I had triplets cooking. So I'm REALLY excited but being cautious. If I was careful before, I'm going to be even MORE careful now!!! So that's the story of how it all went down the day I got a BFP!

9 comments:

Angie said...

OMG I love it! I can't wait to see how many babehs are in there!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! I figured this much with the whole drama of the situation!!!

Melissa said...

Awsome beta number!!! Congrats!!

Bridget said...

Yay!! I've been waiting and waiting to hear! So happy for you!

Angie said...

How sweet!!!! Love it!

Cecilia said...

I am sooooooo excited. I have been blog stalking like crazy. I am may or may not have cried happy tears. OMG!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! I love reading your blog! So happy to hear a postive outcome!!!

Jos said...

So so so so happy for you - what a fun way to tell your hubby!!

Jessica White said...

Yay! now I'm wanting me one of those delicious looking buns!

As for beta numbers, mine was 472 at 14dpdiui, and 2401 at 18dpdiui....and I'm having triplets ;-)