BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I Graduated!!!

October 3, 2011
It's official! I graduated from the RE and in two weeks I have an appointment with an OB! Today's appointment went well. Baby A AKA Baby Awesome or My Compact 6 was measuring right along at 17mm and a heartbeat of 173. DH couldn't go with me today so she took lots of cool shots, I even got a 3D one! Like a dumb dumb, I was like, "Wow! I can't believe it already looks like a baby!" So now let me introduce to you Baby Awesome, our Compact 6 embryo (we don't know for sure but I have a feeling). Here is her head and arm buds:

Heartbeat...coolest sound in the world!
3D ultrasound and no, my baby does NOT have a horn! Trust me...I asked! That's part of the membrane and we couldn't get it out of the picture. You can even see the umbilical cord that's growing:
This is a side view and mainly to show the umbilical cord:
Unfortunately, Baby B no longer had a heartbeat and wasn't growing. We are sad about B but feel very blessed with what we have.

After u/s, I waited TWO HOURS for Dr. Val! I did get to see Dr. K and I showed her the pics, she said that was one good looking baby! Dr. Val came in and we chatted a bit. Today I am 8w1d prego and my due date is May 13, 2012 which means I'm going to be MEGA prego as a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding 4/28/12-I can't wait! I said my thanks and goodbye to Dr. Val. (FYI-I think she was having a REALLY rough day! Some lady was loudly complaining about her when I walked in then I heard Dr. Val say she got a call in the middle of the night and I'm pretty sure she cancelled her afternoon appointments. Hope you have a better day Dr. Val!). She gave me a sheet to fill out about the birth. Does she really think I'm going to be able to hold on to that for 32 more weeks? Okay, yes, probably but I think the key will be remembering to send it back in once the baby gets here!

On the way home, I called the OB's office that I wanted to go see. I asked if they were still taking new patients and she said yes that one of them was and that the other one, the one I wanted, was taking new patients but it was about 2-3...I'm not sure if she said weeks or months. I calmly said, "I called a few weeks ago and she was taking new patients. I've been told she's worked with IVF patients and that's why I want her." The lady put me on hold and I have an appointment with the doctor I wanted on 10/18-YAH!!!

I know I'm not going to have weekly check-ups any more and that I just need to relax and enjoy this for what it is but I can't help but be nervous and live appointment to appointment. So Baby Awesome, my little Compact 6 Baby, I am so happy and hope you grow and continue to be strong and healthy! We love you so much already!!!

9 comments:

Jos said...

SOOO happy to hear that all is well with Baby A! Great news. :)

Sarah said...

What beautiful pics. Congrats on the good OB too!

Angie said...

Wow those 3d pix are amazing! What a beautiful child, I know how loved it will be!

Angie said...

Love those pics!!!!! Glad to hear you got the OB you wanted :)

Jessica White said...

Congratulations! Glad you got the OB you wanted :-)

Bridget said...

So sorry to hear about baby B but I am so happy that Baby A is doing great!

Kelly said...

What a cute lil baby :)

Cherbear said...

I'm sorry about baby B but I think you expected it based on the 1st u/s and are taking it quite well. Baby A looks absolutely beautiful!

Unknown said...

So glad Baby Awesome is doing amazing! Those are really cool pictures you have :) The one thing I was told is to not laminate them (with heat) so it doesn't ruin the u/s pic. It's sad about Baby B but at least there was a Baby A to make up for it. It would have been even more devastating if you would have only implanted B, got a BFP then found out there were issues....Can't wait to see beautiful Baby Awesome Bump pics :)