BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Rainy Day

September 14, 2011 10:28AM
I woke up about 3am today to a nasty storm rolling through. After that I pretty much tossed and turned the rest of the morning until PIO and med time. It was still gross and rainy when I left to the head to the clinic for beta #2. Again because of traffic and rain, it took almost an hour to get there. I walked in and had to wait then got to go get my blood drawn. The lady who drew it asked what my beta was last week and I told her. She was like, that's a great number!!! FINALLY, a medical professional telling me it was good. When I left, I walked out and saw Dr. K talking to a husband in the waiting room. She must be doing ERs this morning. I waited for her to finish and gave a big smile when I saw her. I told her that she emailed me last week when I got my beta and I saw her today. We chatted about everything from my beta to how I was feeling to cookies to the conference and even to how cute Dr. Miyagi is! It was a nice feeling to have leaving the office. Now I'm home and I just wait and pray that my beta today had doubled or quadrupled or whatever it was supposed to do. I'm going to curl up on the couch with Emma and *patiently* wait...

12:05PM
Mary called and beta #2 is in...14,694 at 19dp5dt!!! She said that was good, she'd let me know if I needed to worry. I asked her to repeat the number so I could write it down and Mary said, "I figured you'd want that info." Am I the only person that writes that stuff down??? Another nurse is calling me this afternoon to set up my OB appointment either late next week or early the next. After the u/s, I have to meet with Dr. Val and if all looks good then I get released to a regular OB. Now I'm on the search for one since I broke up with mine two years ago. Reading this website, I'm definitely thinking there's for sure two babies in there, maybe three. DH is going to FREAK!!! I think I'll wait until the u/s to confirm, no use worry him until then.

How freakin' exciting ya'll!!! Okay, gotta eat lunch, this lady is starving and go pick up more meds!!!

2:51PM
Transvag u/s next Thursday, September 22 and then a meeting with Dr. Val. Showed DH the beta chart and he's all freakin' out. I laughed at him and he told me, it's not funny! Guess we'll find out next week!

3 comments:

Angie said...

I understand how exciting it is to get good numbers. When I went in for my first u/s, they said the gestational sac wasn't as big as it should be and were convinced my baby was dead. They said just come back next week for another u/s and if it's the same size we'll know if it's alive or not. I was like, UM NO there has to be a quicker way to find out. Nurse said well we can draw blood today and then again in a couple days, and if your HGC #'s go up we'll know everything's ok, because the hcg doubles every 48 hrs or so. So I was SO happy when those #'s went up the second time cause it meant my baby was alive and kicking! Congrats!

Jos said...

I was obsessed with betabase as well. :) How amazing if you have twins growing in there!!

COME ON BABY said...

Ohhhhhh nice, nice BETA woman. I couldn't be more excited for you if I tried. Looks like I could be making two baby blankets if not THREE!! Holy cow sister this is awesome!!!