BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Come Monday!

October 14, 2011
The past two weeks have sucked...hard core. Let's see on 10/3, I had an u/s and meeting with Dr. Val. I left feeling great because Baby Awesome looked perfect and I had graduated and was moving on to a regular OB. Then that Wednesday, I went to the bathroom and I had brown in my underwear and brown when I wiped. I called Mary, who was out of the office so Dr. K's nurse called me. She said as long as it was brown, I wasn't cramping, and it wasn't painful then this is normal. Of course, I went to the bathroom like 500x after that and nothing. By the time DH and I sat down to dinner, I felt 100x better thinking I had just overreacted. Then that night at 2am, I woke up to pee and the brown had returned. It was not heavy and only there when I wiped (which I wiped about 5x during one sitting). I made DH come look and since he's a pregnancy expert now, he was like that's normal, don't worry.

It continued throughout the day on TH and I tried my best to stay calm and not freak out. Then I called the new OB office to ask if I could get a TB test since I was pregnant and the nurse said, "Since you're not a patient yet, we can't give you medical advice." And then I lost it! At work, tears coming and I couldn't make them stop. I tried calling DH and he didn't answer. About 10 minutes later, he answered so I went outside to talk to him. While I'm sobbing on the phone to him and he's trying to help me get a hold of myself, a co-worker comes out, sees me on the phone and upset but still goes ahead and makes a phone call...really?!? I finally calmed down and luckily, I had acupuncture that afternoon.

When I walked into the acupuncturist office and she asked how I was doing, I lost it and started sobbing, barely able to talk. She then set me up with the needles and I have to admit I felt 100% better afterward. I always go to the bathroom before I leave there and when I did, no more spotting! The spotting had stopped!!!

The next week, I was okay but then suddenly on 10/12, I stopped feeling any symptoms of pregnancy. Well, my boobs are still huge and my uterus hard but other than that, nothing. So then I started freaking out. Then 10/14, I slept in and laid around all morning then I finally got up to pee and brown again! I called the OB and begged and pleaded and was able to move my appointment from Tuesday to Monday but ugh...that's still the WHOLE weekend to go through. And it's a new doctor so I don't want to chit chat, I want to get there, do the u/s and make sure my baby is okay and THEN we can small talk. No point in her getting to know me if things aren't okay, right?

I've googled and googled and most everything says that's fine but then there's one or two posts that say what I fear. Seriously, I've said it before and I'll say it again, this first trimester is like a constant 2ww. I suggest investing in an u/s machine so you can check on your baby daily! Hurry up and come Monday!!!

November 24, 2011
Today is Thanksgiving and I have to write a few things I'm thankful for:

*My beautiful Baby Awesome!
*Dr. K and Dr. Miyagi
*My great support system
*Advances in medicine
*Time with family today

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!

Updated 11/24/11 at 7:55AM
This morning I got up, took my prenatal and laid back down. About 45 minutes later, DH and I started to get up to get ready for the big Thanksgiving festivities. He said he was going to make some coffee and I asked if he'd make me some PBJ toast because I could tell my stomach was starting to get upset. He leaves the room and about a minute later, I run to the bathroom and drop to my knees to start praying to the Porcelain Potty. I start calling for DH and he comes in right as I throw up my prenatal. DH makes this awful groaning sound and starts to leave and then he remembers that he's supposed to support me so he reaches over and pats my back without looking. It was freakin' HILARIOUS!!! Even though I had tears in my eyes and my head in the toilet, I was laughing at him. So lesson learned...always eat with your prenatal!

2 comments:

Cherbear said...

Awww I LOVE today's story!!!! That is cute. Glad you're feeling the reassuring symptoms!! But yuck. Lol :). Happy thanksgiving!

Angie said...

Love it! Hopefully you'll be able to enjoy the yummy food today! Happy Thanksgiving to you and DH!