BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Hello Wandie, Remember Me?

August 19, 2011 (Exactly two months ago!)
I was off work today to burn vacation and also had to go get blood work and u/s done. I woke up, took a shower, chatted with DH and debated about whether to wear my "baby dust" earrings that I wore to every appointment during our fresh cycle. I finally left sans earrings because this time around I'm doing everything different.

I got to the clinic and my the spot I normally park in was taken-PERFECT! I head upstairs and I wasn't the first in the room-GREAT! So far so good...I chatted with the receptionist like we were old buddies and did the same with the blood draw nurse and the u/s tech. Now let me explain that these three ladies tend to be a little cranky but I got ALL of them to smile, it was pretty awesome! As soon as the tech put wandie in me, she said, "We're checking the lining here and it looks pretty good!" AWESOME!!! Remember back during the fresh cycle and that damn lupron bleed wouldn't come? At least then I knew what to expect, this time being on just pills I had no idea.

When I left the office, I rode down with another lady who left the clinic. I thought we'd gotten off on the wrong floor and told her, yeah I only go to the third floor and out. I laughed and told her how DH and I wandered around the whole building when we came for IVF orientation which then sparked her to ask questions. She is just starting her journey so we stood outside and I told her what I knew and answered her questions about IVF. It was nice, today I felt comfortable and welcome at my clinic, not rushed and anonymous, it was nice.

I headed home and about 5 minutes onto the road my phone rings. I was thinking, "Dang! They're processing stuff FAST today." It wasn't the lab but it was a lady I had contacted about donating to the Midwest Infertility Conference. For the next 20 minutes, she and I discussed the conference, our journeys, the feelings along the journey...it was just a good phone call to have! She wished me the best and said she'd pray for me, which as you all know is one of the best things you can do for a friend going along this path.

A little after 1pm, I got the call from Mary that all looked well and we were scheduled for transfer the following Friday (August 26). The lab would call me late Thursday to give me an exact transfer time and we just pray that our tots thaw nicely and continue to divide so we can move forward!!! I do NOT want the phone call on Friday to turn around and go home but I'm being positive so I'm not going to think about that.

Then Mary went on to tell me about my meds...HOLY pills!!! I throught 3 a day estrace was tough...add in Medrol, which I have to cut in half-that'll be DH's job twice a day, aspirin in the AM and PIO shots. The good news is that we can pick the time for PIO!!! Just has to be the same day, every day...hopefully for the next 13 weeks! DH and I discussed and I think we're going to go with 6am because we're generally always together at 6am and it's easier to plan around that vs 6pm.

So good news all around!!! I'm feeling really super good about this!!! Bring on my tots, let's get this party started!

3 comments:

Jos said...

It makes me happy to read all of these upbeat, positive posts of yours, but it's killing me to not know the ending (or I guess you'd say beginning?!) when I know it's already happened. C'mon!!!

Cecilia said...

How can anyone not smile after talking to you?? You are one of the nicest, sweetest people I know. These blog posts are making me really antsy, I have to say.

SLES75 said...

WOW!!! I don't want to wait til next friday....can we skip ahead, PLEASE!!!! Hoping all things are going well....keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!!