BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Gearing Up: The Night Before FET

August 25, 2011 7:18PM
Whew! I'm home from acupuncture and can I just say that the last 4 hours have been super weird? Let's go in order...

1. I bought cookies to take to the clinic tomorrow. Don't they look delish?


2. On the way to acupuncture I thought to myself, "Hmm self, know who you haven't talked to lately? Our good friend Jess...I should call her later."

3. Got to acu and met with the new doctor. FYI-she looked NOTHING like her picture online. We chatted for awhile and then she did my accuscan. She laughed and said, "Good thing you came today, the stress is showing through." Um...yes, compare, shall we?

The right is from a early August and the left is from today-yikes!Last time a couple things were off, today EVERYTHING was through the roof. I mentioned all the meds I was on and she said it might be that. I think because she told me I was stressed, made me EVER MORE stressed and I could barely relax. Usually during acu, I doze right off but I couldn't today. I listened to their mediation music for the first 15 minutes but my mind was racing a mile a minute about everything I needed to do. So the last 15 minutes I grabbed my MP3 player and listened to my music so I could focus on the words.

Oh and then the fee got jacked up again without being told. I said no, it's $35 and that's all she charged me. Wonder if that would work with Dr. Val...

4. As I was pulling into the driveway, my phone suddenly beeped that I had notifications and my heart sank because I thought it was the clinic. I looked and it was my friend Jess (see #2). How weird is that? I called her and we made small talk and then I said, "So are you pregnant?" to which she replied, "Dammit, why won't any of you let me tell you?" I guess we'd all guessed before she had a chance to. We chatted for a bit about that and Words with Friends. Then she said, "I know you're not telling anyone when you're doing your FET but I really hope it works so we can do prego stuff together." I know Jess is probably sh**ing her pants right now when she realized she called me the day before my ET and told me her news.

5. In other baby related news, the support group I am a member of on FB had two confirmed pregnancies so that's got to be a good sign, right?

6. I know you're supposed to wear funky socks to your doctors appointments. Well, last time no socks worked for me and this time it's eleventy billion degrees outside. So instead I decided to paint my toenails (sorry for the pic Jess). Yes, I know I don't have a future as a pedicurist but I was trying to save some $$$ by doing it myself.




7. At this time, almost everything is crossed off my to-do list. I still have to put the fresh sheets on the bed, stop by Blockbuster tomorrow so I can have my Twilight movie marathon this weekend and take a good shower and pick out an outfit. I also need to get my estrace refilled but I want to wait until after the transfer tomorrow. I figure this will give DH something to do while I'm laying around taking it easy.

So that's it ladies! Fingers crossed for my tots to thaw well and a successful ET! Will update you all later.

4 comments:

Baby Hopes said...

Wishing you the very best tomorrow!!!! I'll be thinking of you and sending prayers your way!!!

Sara-Lynn said...

What is an accuscan? I have not come across that before. Hoping all goes well!

Angie said...

Wishing you all the best, sending positive thoughts and prayers all the time!

Jessica White said...

Good luck!