BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, November 22, 2010

Houston...

WE HAVE A PERIOD!!! Hallelujah! Praise the Lord! Flo is here!!! DH woke up super early this morning and I just laid in bed with my furbaby cuddling up with her then I grabbed my I-Touch and started checking FB when DH walked in. "Oh, someone IS up!" I nodded and told him, "Still no period." He commented with, "I figured!" I got offended and said, "What's that mean???" He kissed me and changed the subject, I let it go because I didn't want to start the morning off bad. It actually nice getting up and having some time to myself or with DH instead of getting up at the last minute, getting ready and walking out the door. I laid in bed and watched him get ready and play with our big 'ole black lab who was about to eat his sock. He kissed me bye and left for work.

I got up and got ready, put the dogs away and had that "period" feeling but wasn't getting my hopes up. I decided I'd go to the bathroom one more time before I left and what do you know...there she was! I said out loud to myself, "No way!" I checked like 4 times, did what I had to do then started singing, "I'm a, I'm a period girl!" to the tune of Madonna's "Material Girl." I was so freakin' giddy. I got in the car and called DH. Here was our convo:

Me: Guess what!!!
DH: What?
Me: I got my period!
DH: Seriously?
Me: Yep!
DH: I didn't really think you'd joke about that but I had to ask. See this is why I said, I figured you hadn't started in the bedroom...I knew you'd be a little bit more excited.
Me: Yep, I'm definitely excited! We're back on track. I know you probably don't want to hear this but-
DH: You don't have to tell me the details. Be sure to call them this morning.
Me: Duh!

I hung up with DH and called my mom. It was 6:15 in the morning so I could tell I woke her up. When she recognized my voice, she immediately said, "You started your period?" I said yep and she told me she'd woke up and prayed about it. I told her that was probably what sent me over the edge and got it started.

Good 'ole Flo couldn't have come at a better time. Aside from stressing since last Tuesday about this, last night I bent my needle, lost some meds and listened to my SIL cry, for real tears, about her roommates about 10 seconds after I told her what was going on with the IVF (I gave her this warning to pass on to her parents so that they don't ask me on Thanksgiving and I break down in tears). I didn't tell her wait until you're married and then you'll REALLY think you have roommate issues i.e. drinking all the milk, leaving spoons in the fridge and putting your hand on peanut butter someone smeared on the cabinet door.

Anyways, thank you God for the period, thanks to all of you for the prayers and encouragement. Now I can "relax" and enjoy Flo!!!

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Whoohooo! So excited you can get started and not have to wait another month!

kayee said...

YAY! First time and last time you will be happy about seeing AF!!! :) Hopefully she is here to just say good bye and she'll see you in a year!!! :)

COME ON BABY said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! WONDERFUL news. I have never been so excited for a period in my entire life woman. Great news!!

Kim said...

Fabulous news! Time to get this party started!!!! So happy for you!

Aimee said...

Glad to hear the good news! :-)

Jen said...

Never have I been so excited about a period...haha. Yay!!

Hoping for our own Peanut said...

YAY for the period!! Youll be cycling pretty close to me-So excited!

Angie said...

yay!!!!

Anonymous said...

Just saw this and I'm very happy for you!!! Never thought we'd be cheering for AF's arrival ;)