BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Definition of Infertility

It seems as though according to an anonymous commenter that I'm not infertile enough for her. She kindly left me a definition and a few words of wisdom in her comment, "The definition of Infertility is after trying 1 year with no luck for those under 35 and 6 months with no luck for those over 35. I wouldn't be so quick to slap that label on yourself."

Hmm....yes, that would seem to be the definition of infertility. However, going into trying to have a baby, I knew about my medical history and I knew about DH's. I had a feeling we would have issues and we asked the doctor if they felt the same way which is what got this whole ball rolling. I guess I'll clue you in NOW so you know what you have to look forward to but at only SIX months into our journey, the medical professionals "slapped the label" of infertility on us and yes, we're both under 35.

Infertility is different for every single person and while yes, there's a definition, it may not be the same for everyone. In no way, did I think or WANT to "label" us as infertile but that's how the cards fell and we have to move forward with it. I didn't start this blog just for fun, I started it to share my story, to vent, to let me get my thoughts out and also, to get some support, some encouragement and to gain knowledge NOT to be put down.

So I apologize if our story isn't infertile enough for anyone out there. All that I ask if for everyone to remember the golden rule, if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all.

3 comments:

Baby On Mind said...

Hey, so glad you sent me an invite to your blog. I was disappointed when I couldn't read your posts! Especially since I was still catching up. Thanks!

Jessica White said...

Yea...I think they forgot the last few parts of that definition: Inability to carry a healthy baby to term and someone who has a medical diagnosis of causes which may prevent getting pregnant.

Stupid people.

Anonymous said...

Holy shit, I can't believe someone left you such a comment. That is absolutely horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As if you and all of us aren't going through enough for people to NOT be supportive is just shit!!! I'm so pissed for you. Thanks for sending me an invite. I'll catch up. And sorry this happened to you.