BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, February 10, 2012

Random Thoughts

This post is a mish-mash of my thoughts right now...enjoy!

My Body
Despite not having a big bump, I'm at that point of pregnancy where I'm just tired. It could be coupled with the fact that I have a lot going on at work right now, I've started "nesting" and I have 4 showers (not my own) to attend in the next few weeks but this girl is tiii-red! Lately, when I wake up in the morning, my feet are super sensitive. I guess because I've been laying flat all night so the blood flow isn't as good. It takes about a couple hours to get moving and then I'm fine. My fingers are also swollen in the morning when I get up but that goes away mid-morning as well. I told DH to keep an eye on my nose and if that gets swollen then we need to call the doc ASAP. Along those lines, I had knee surgery back in high school. It rarely gives me problems but here lately, I can't straighten my knee all the way and it's just really sore. I feel as though I'm kind of limping. Guess this is because of the extra weight.

Sorry if this next part is TMI but my nipples are getting darker which is expected with pregnancy. But then I noticed the other day, that my areola is growing and not in a regular circle like normal, just some dark spots here and there. Guess I just never paid that close of attention before.

When I change clothes, I can totally see a belly and it looks big. I guess I just hide it very well with the baggy clothes that I wear. I'm going to do my best to take a picture next week before our Valentine's date and I'll post it on here.

Other Pregos
They stress me out for a variety of reasons! One, some people due after me already are working on things that we hadn't even begun yet. A lot of this is due to the fact that I was so paranoid about everything being okay that we really didn't start working on stuff until we had our 21 week u/s.

I've also tried my best to not "flaunt" my pregnancy. I haven't made any status annoucements on Twitter or FB. I haven't posted any u/s pictures either. Occasionally, I'll tweet a question or something. Having dealt with infertility and having friends that are in the same boat, I'm trying my best not to upset anyone. Having said that, at the same time, I'm a bit "jealous" of all the other pregos out there because they tweet and do statuses about their pregnancy, babies, etc...

Nesting
DH says I'm nesting. My mom says DH is nesting more than me. I told DH wait until the nursery is ready and then he'll REALLY see some nesting. Just last night, I went through four boxes of "stuff" and got rid of 2!!! We're making SLOW progress but we're making it. I'm really excited for DH to get the dresser put together and the closet finished in the nursery so I can start putting stuff away. I've also started buying diapers on my weekly grocery trips so we'll have a good headstart by the time Baby A gets here. My grandma is also buying diapers weekly!

It also seems like every time we get a box out to go through it, it's full of MY stuff. Then DH wants to get rid of everything! When we FINALLY get a box of his out then he doesn't want to get rid of a thing. I've asked him to just get my boxes down for me and I'll go through them but he insists on going through them with me. I get a little bit of a big head when I see all my sports and academic awards/trophies; most of the conversations on those boxes include, "What, what?" or "Didn't know your wife was so awesome, did you?"

Okay, that's all the random thoughts for now because DH is yelling at me to come go through boxes! He's already telling me his Boy Scout stories, guess it's his turn! Oh and this is what happens to the poor Black Buffalo who wants to go through every box we open. He gets to try on whatever we find in the box!

3 comments:

Liz said...

I'm right there with you on the body changes - sore feet in the a.m., swollen fingers, darkening/larger nipples...yeah. My belly may be bigger but that's because I have a really short torso.

And you are not behind at all. A lot of people I know don't get their nurseries ready until after their showers. We just got our crib/dresser delivered yesterday and will hopefully put it together this weekend but we won't have anything else until after my showers, which are still a month to six weeks away.

Sounds like your DH is definitely nesting more than mine! I don't think he realizes how much prepping we need to do.

Unknown said...

We didn't get our dresser until a couple about 3 months before, (we were doing our registry at the time, & figured we'd better put one on the list. The day we went into Sears we found one on display that was being sold for $50. The exact same style that I wanted. I was THRILLED (to say the least). I couldn't believe my eyes...

I understand what you mean about not telling "boasting" about your pregnancy when others are going through infertility. I think it's okay if you talk about your pregnancy, no one wants you to not be happy about your baby.

Nesting will continue to happen from now until the kid leaves! LOL. It doesn't ever feel like I'm caught up with the boys & they're a year and 16 months. Good luck getting everything done & try not to stress about it (easier said than done, I know).

Get ready for more body changes to come! Even after the baby's born I'm sure you'll notice even more fun changes :)

Nora Najera said...

i just saw a photo of one of my best friends' profile of her growing belly. she and i have shared infertility for the past 8 years, and now that she is pregnant and had been so careful not to make any quick announcements, she allowed herself to post her beautiful photo.

i, on the other side, felt my heart sink - such a strange emotion. i prayed so hard for both of us, and it was actually my prayer that if either one of us were to get pregnant, for it to be her first.

i feel so much pain and happiness inside, but sadly more pain than anything.

now i stand alone in my flight and i see my dear friend outside of my circle. she is now part of the many women that "made it," and nothing she does or doesn't do will change the way that i feel, but i know that no matter what she posts, i know that she loves me and truly understand - completely understands - what it feels like to be on the other side.

don't envy pregnant women that are completely oblivious and don't stop to think about their infertile friends, but do share the miracle inside you with the world, for a light cannot be hidden. those outside your circle will understand.