BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, February 3, 2012

Glucose Test

Wednesday morning I had the dreaded glucose test! Honestly, it wasn't as horrible as I thought it would be. At our employee Christmas Party, we had Orange Hi-C and the ratios were a bit...off and it ended up SUPER SWEET! The girls at work told me that's what my drink would taste like. Surprisingly, it wasn't nearly as sweet as the Hi-C. I wouldn't say it was good but I definitely won't be asking for it again. So the rules are: drink all of this in less than 5 minutes, document the time finished and arrive at the doctor's office 40 minutes later:

I had it cold and drank it with a straw. It took me about 2 minutes to finish. You aren't supposed to eat or drink anything after midnight. The eating part wasn't so bad but I was SOOO thirsty and my teeth felt so gritty. I just brushed my teeth without toothpaste or water to try to get the grime off. My alarm went off at 5:51am, I hit snooze and drifted back to sleep. In my dream, I was eating EVERYTHING and everything I ate was made of sugar. Then I realized I wasn't supposed to eat anything. I woke up in a panic wondering if I should call the doctor then I had to remind myself that I hadn't really eaten anything. I tell you, pregnancy really DOES make you have super, weird dreams!

DH went with me to the appointment. In my mind, the whole reason he was going was to drive since all I would have had was the glucose drink. Nope, he made me drive and later told me that he only went because he thought we got to see the baby again! Men-I swear sometimes he doesn't listen. So I got to the office, waited until 8:58, exactly one hour later and they drew my blood. Doc said they'd call me the next day with test results.

Of course, I couldn't wait so I called the office around 1pm and...I PASSED!!! Woohoo! I feel like that's such a huge milestone for me because I'm a bigger girl and I love sugar so I was really worried about that. Whew!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I also chose orange. I'm not looking forward to drinking it al all. Yuck.

Emily @ablanket2keep said...

That is great!!! So glad you passed!