BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Mural is Done!

The mural is done...kinda. Before I show you and start explaining our mural, let me show you the inspiration. DH and I found this on Pinterest on Christmas morning. Here is the inspiration: The blog that I found it on was in Norwegian!!! So no tips for us, we just looked at the pics and winged it.
DH's two cousins came over both Saturday and Sunday to do this project. I just cooked food and gave my opinion-my kind of job! Here is the finished product, squirrel on the tree is for me because that is my sorority's mascot: This was my idea and I'm so proud of it!!! On the bottom of one of the trees, we added this "carving" which is DH and I's initials. When the baby is born, we're going to add after the equal sign that letter of the baby's first name. The date is the day of our transfer:

This is the other side of the room. The far right is what will be above the crib. That's supposed to be a baby bird inside the birdhouse and that's the momma bird watching over the baby:
Here is DH watching paint dry. No really, that's what he's doing! We were getting antsy towards the end of Sunday so we pulled out the blowdryer to hurry the process along:
This is the view from the doorway. His cousin said the owl looked sad and I said that it looked sleepy. I said sleepy is good because it'll make the baby want to sleep and s/he won't be a night owl-ha, ha, get it...night owl!!!
I am beyond THRILLED with how this turned out!!! The girls and DH did a fantastic job. In person, the lines of the tree aren't perfectly straight but they were painting on raised wallpaper. We decided the jaggedness just adds character and makes it look like real tree bark. I love that this is unique and all the personal touches that we added. Like I said, it's not entirely finished until we find out boy or girl! If it's a girl, we're going to add pink wings to the birds and the owl will get some pink toenail polish and some long girlie eyelashes. We also plan to add a pink or blue rug since the floor is hardwood. But for now, the mural is done! DH is going to work on cleaning up the room now and getting it in order. Then we need to add a view shelves and little personal touches and it'll be as ready as it can be!!! Thanks to my wonderful painters this weekend-I LOVE IT!

14 comments:

Kelly said...

That is seriously the cutest mural EVER! Can they come paint one for me?!?!?

Sara-Lynn said...

It looks incredible! Great job. Your little baby is a lucky kid.

Baby Hopes said...

I love this! So cute!!!

Jos said...

Wow, this is awesome!

Bridget said...

Beautiful!! I love it!

Angie said...

That is just so cute, love the colors and design!!!!

Emily @ablanket2keep said...

That is awesome!!!

SLES75 said...

Amazing...I attempted straight lines with blue tape and mine are a little wobbly as well. I like that it's not perfect...it makes it perfectly imperfect!!!

I love it and the thought of adding a little pink if you have a girl is super fun!

Congrats on finishing it!

Jessica White said...

That is absolutely awesome! Great job!

Joys Truly said...

This room is amazing!

katie said...

it is gorgeous, the colors are so restful.

Angie said...

OMG love it, esp the squirrel ;)

Angie said...

OMG love it, esp the squirrel ;)

Unknown said...

I love it, what an awesome way to make interests come to life! Just one more (big) step to getting things in order for Baby Awesome's arrival :)