BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Georgina

Today is Mother's Day. Today I had to work. At first I was upset because no one would switch me and we had to cut our trip short but now I'm very thankful. It was a nice, slow day and Mother's Day wasn't thrown in my face. I got on Facebook for about 2 seconds before I left for work and every single status was about Mother's Day or their children or something along those lines. I headed to work and had a lot to catch up on and when I left I had a new voicemail.

It was a wrong number but I think the message was left for me. It was a male and he said, "Georgina, I know today's a bad day for you but I just wanted to call and wish you a Happy Mother's Day."

I got the message about 2 hours ago and have been thinking about it ever since. Why is this a bad day for Georgina? Had she lost a loved one? Was it her birthday (some people don't like their birthdays!)? Did she have that desire to be a mother but never the opportunity?

Maybe this is a sign that I'll be wished Happy Mother's Day for real in the future? Maybe it was a reminder to let me know I wasn't alone in this struggle to become a mom? Who knows but I'm grateful for the message. Aside from the mystery man, I was also wished Happy Mother's Day by a co-worker for being a mother of furbabies and by my awesome college roommate, Joanna, who is the proud momma of three handsome boys and a true inspiration and support for me during my journey.

So, Georgina, I'm sorry today is a sucky day for you but know that you're not alone and I hope you had a fabulous Mother's Day however you celebrated. And to all my bloggie friends, both mothers and nons, I wish you a Happy Mother's Day because even though you may not have a child of your own to hold, we're all mothers in our hearts.

4 comments:

Jessica White said...

How odd to get a message like that on a day that resonates the same for you!

Thinking of you today *hugs*

http://nothingshallbeimpossible2005.blogspot.com

Mary Beth said...

Thinking of you! ::hugs::

COME ON BABY said...

TEARS!! WOW. Lots of love sweets. xoxo

Bridget said...

wow that gave me goosebumps, how strange to get a wrong number like that. I think it has a lot of meaning!