BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 18, 2010

Flo Time and Random Stories

Yep, Aunt Flo made her debut while on vacay late on Saturday night which would technically be a start date of Sunday. I called Dr. Val's office to inform them. I start my BCP on Thursday, meds are getting delivered on Saturday, and I start my lupron shots on 11/7. Holy cow!?! Can you believe this?! It's really time to start!!! It's exciting, overwhelming and really freakin' scary all at the same time! I just hope I don't screw anything up. I am hoping that the 3 weeks I'll be on BCP that I'll have a clearer complexion but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Now for a couple side stories...

*On the last leg home from our road trip last night, I called my SIL. Our meds are to be delivered on Saturday. I have to be at work no later than 2:30, DH has to be at work no later than 3:30. I called to ask her if she was available Saturday and the meds weren't there by 3 if she could come hang out at our house and sign for them (she lives literally 30 seconds away from us). Her response, "Um...okay..." Okay, granted I'd been in the car for 10+ hours already but really? Just say yes or no. You offered if there was anything that you could do to help, let her know...well, I'm asking for help. I mean you're signing for a package, not selling drugs or injecting drugs or anything like that. Grrr...cross your fingers that they get here before 3.

*I went to my MIL's house today to print off a coupon (I'm a total nerd, I know!). I was talking to her about my trip and then my FIL said, "Okay get to the important stuff, how's the grandbaby making going?" Umm...AWKWARD!!! How do you respond to that? Um...we're trying every other day...I just started my period. Seriously, more people know about my period now than I care to count!

Anyways, that just leads into this two hour convo with my MIL (FIL left when I said nothing to report and I never made it to the store with my coupon!). In which she asks if we'd just wait another year and keep trying naturally it might work, give DH more time to clear out his system from his "party days." She also tells me all these things I need to tell my doctor (like that I was in the car for 10 hours because that could mess up your cycle), vitamins to take, and that she doesn't like my doctor. All things that I do NOT NEED TO HEAR RIGHT NOW! Sometimes I think she thinks that we just decided to have IVF for the fun of it and didn't do any research. I don't think she believes the things we tell her. I don't think she realizes that DH's sperm count ain't getting any better and the sooner we try, if it doesn't work then the sooner we can save up the money again (if we choose to do it again) and still be somewhat young.

THEN she asks whose going to watch the baby next year when we have it. WHAT?! Insert my head spinning in circles! I was like that's too far off to think about in which she tells me, "No, it's not." Um, yes it is...my new mantra is focus on a month at a time and try not to get your hopes up. Right now I'm focused on shots, next month will be ER then the next month will be ET. I told her that DH and I already played this game when we first started trying. We can't do that because I'll be pregnant...we'll have a baby at that time...researching childcare prices and providers...etc...I'm NOT doing that again. It's like a MAJOR disappointment and letdown. Seriously, all I wanted was to print my coupon and instead I just got bombarded with STRESS!!! And this my friends is exactly why I didn't want to tell his family because guess how many questions they've asked him...ZERO! Me? A MILLION!

7 comments:

Aimee said...

I'm sorry your MIL was hard to deal with! Things finally start to calm down mid November, so let me know if there's anything I can do for you!

Anonymous said...

Yikes...yup sometimes it's better for them not to know anything. I learned the hard way too. Although it sounds like she is excited for you to have kids. I'm hoping everything goes well!

COME ON BABY said...

YIPPY for 11/7!!!!

Kevin and Katie said...

next thing to tell your mother in law is ....
Honestly, it matters little what you think of IVF because it is a decision for my family which includes me, matt, and the doggies. We hope that you will support us but if not then Matt and I will have to deal with that accordinly.
It won't be an easy conversation and I wasn't this brave until about 8 months ago when my MIL started having opinions about my brother in laws wedding to which I told her that it wasn't her wedding and her job was to sit and look pretty. It really went over much better than anticipated and I think she may have even appreciated someone telling her that sitting down and enjoying it was fine. Good luck!

Conceptionally Challenged said...

Sorry about the difficult comments from the in-laws.
But how exciting that you're moving forward with the IVF cycle!

COME ON BABY said...

You made a blog list!!!! Nice work woman.

You have been on my blog list forever because I think you are funny, speak your mind and are a no nonsense girl. I like ya :)

Jos said...

Sheesh - that's nuts! My MIL is good about holding back about the IF questions, but she also spends a good amount of time pulling out the baby clothing she has bought for my nephew and making me "ooh" and "awhhh" over each one individually. I honestly just finally walked away last time - I can't handle it! Sucks that not everyone "gets" it...though I guess it's a blessing that it's not so damn hard for all of us to get pregnant.