BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Where It All Began

I took AR back to WU where it all started. As I got off at the exit, I remembered how many times I'd taken that exit and been a ball of nerves...as Dr. K called to tell me the embryos had thawed nicely, on my way to get my blood drawn for pregnancy tests, on my way to have my egg retrieval, on my way to hear IVF would be the only way we'd ever have a baby and this time, I was still nervous but for a different reason. I was worried about what if I walked into a waiting room full of women wanting a baby more than anything in the world. I was so scared I was going to upset someone because I'd been in there place and I know that seeing a baby at your infertility clinic is the last thing you want to see. Luckily, Dr. O had told me to come during a time when they usually didn't see any patients so there was no problem.

Everyone in the office was so happy to see her. I was bummed Dr. K wasn't there (she's the one who did my retrieval and transfer that I got pregnant) but I did get to see Dr. Val and her nurse Mary. Everyone wanted to hold her and they were all very happy for me. I thanked them all numerously and told them thanks for putting up with me because it was all worth it. Dr. Val, who is sometimes not the most personable, even said, "This made my day. This is what it's all for."


Dr. Val and AR

My favorite fellow, Dr. O and AR. He was great with her, probably helps that he has a daughter a month older than AR. I could tell he's a really good dad.

They made my dream come true so the least I could do was make their day. It was great to see everyone but it was nice to be there on different terms than normal. Prayers and baby dust to all the patients still on their journey!

6 comments:

Kristal said...

I love this post so muh. You've come full circle, girl!

SLES75 said...

I had my baseline ultrasound and blood work done yesterday. It wasn't at my home office because the ultrasound tech doesn't work at my office on Tuesdays. I had to take Raegan with me. I was terrified about bringing her in to a waiting room. Luckily there was only one couple and they had just had their first ultrasound after a positive beta. I didn't feel as bad then. I'm headed back to my home office on Monday and Raegan will once again be joining me. It's a late appointment so I'm really hoping she'll behave and there won't be any patients in the waiting room :)

Emily @ablanket2keep said...

Beautiful post. I bet is was amazing to go back holding your beautiful little girl!

Emily @ablanket2keep said...

Hey Hon, Hope you and your family are doing well. Miss you. Hope to hear from you soon.

kalyan said...

Nice..

Unknown said...

MaxiMove LTD are a family run removal company offering home removals and same-day collection and delivery services at a competitive price. It's our goal to listen to our customers and put their requirements first and to provide you with an efficient, reliable and personalised service ensuring your moving day runs smoothly.
Piano relocation Southport