BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

"It's Complicated"

Well, pediatrician interview #1 is in the books. Luckily, DH was able to go with me. Unluckily, neither of us liked this doctor. He was reciting us facts about how medicine works and when penicillin was invented but neither of us got that warm-fuzzy feeling. When we got in the car and DH asked my thoughts, I told him I just couldn't picture this guy holding a baby or consoling a sick child. DH felt like as the doc learned more about us then he'd customize our answers to what we wanted to hear because he'd start answering one way then in the middle totally switch to another route. Also, a lot of answers would be, "it's complicated" or "if it's complicated." And to top it all off...he's a CUBS fan!!! BOO-HISS! And he went on a whole rant about the Cardinals and the stadium. I told DH, I know that shouldn't sway my decision but I already wasn't feeling him before that and when he started that, I was like okay no.

So now I guess I'm going to look at the other clinic Dr. Mat suggested even though we can't meet them ahead of time. I'm also going to look into other pedis in our town to see if I can meet with them and then get feedback from people.

We live in an area where we could technically go to like 3-4 different towns for our doctor. Our house is like a mile from a local hospital and tons of doctors. I may open my criteria but I really want one that's close to our home so that when/if I have to pick up a sick baby, I can go straight to the doctor and get him/her home rather than driving all over. But, if I don't find one, then I'll have to open up my preferences and drive a little more.

OH! And as I type this, DH is priming the walls for painting in the nursery!!!

5 comments:

SLES75 said...

now there is nothing wrong with a CUBS fan....but to go off on the Cardinals is a little off...

Hope the Peds search goes well....

Good luck with the nursery...I hope to see pictures....I'd show you mine, but you wouldn't like it much....it has a CUBS theme :)

COME ON BABY said...

CUBS fan. That funny sh*t. This is why I love you. You think of everything and don't miss a trick.

Can't wait to see pics of the nursery. We get to see pics, right?!

Anonymous said...

Ask Dr K, maybe she would have some advice for you about pedi's.

Emily @ablanket2keep said...

Do you have any friends who you trust who have babies or children? You can ask them who they go to. Word of mouth is usually good.

So exciting you are starting the nursery! I can't wait to see pics!

Slamdunk said...

My father-in-law is a recently retired OB so we have always had the perk of knowing which docs he likes best.

I hope you all find a good match--personality and sports team wise.